Friday, October 9, 2009

Our Days are Numbered

Well folks, the time has almost come. Our visas have been approved, our one-way flights are booked, the movers are scheduled, and our goodbyes to friends have started. This time next week, we will wake up in Geneva for the first time. Last night, Jignesh's co-workers had a fantastic farewell party for him (which I, of course, crashed!). As we were walking along the Thames River with the Tower Bridge as our backdrop, I began to think about all the things I will miss about London. The list is truly endless. I will miss my long runs and walks (with Schlopy) on Hampstead Heath, the unusual words and phrases used by the Brits, and the buzz of central London on the weekends. I will miss the architecture, history, and diversity of the city. I will miss the markets (a ostrich burger from Borough Market sounds so good right now), the shopping, and Marks and Spencers. I think I might even miss going to the grocery store almost everyday and lugging my bags of food home! Of course, I cannot forget about all the friends we have met through work, running club, and other random ways.

With all that being said, I am looking forward to so much about Geneva. I cannot wait to hit the slopes, hiking trails, and cyling paths that are so abundant in Geneva. I am excited to learn a language and throw myself into a true foreign experience. I am already planning all our weekends away as we will be centrally located in Europe.

I have been trying to remember what I was feeling when we were only a week away from moving to London. I am sure I was having all the same feelings that I am having now...excitement, sadness, nervousness. While I may not know what to expect of our new lives in Geneva, I do know that we are incedibly lucky to have this opportunity.

Au Revoir

No comments: