Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Only in Switzerland...

Yesterday was an unusually sunny, warm day. So, I headed out the door for a long walk with Schlopy complete with a stop at the dog park for the little guy. As we were leaving the park and heading for home, the loudest sirens imaginable started to fill the air. These were not your average emergency vehicle or car alarm sirens. I honestly thought that the city was under attack and expected to soon see men dressed in black and holding guns running through the streets. I looked around for safety and seriously thought about making a run for a nearby maintenance building. However, none of my fellow dog owners seemed bothered by these air raid like sirens. So, not wanting to be a crazy expat I discreetly rushed Schlopy out of the park, picked up the pace, and headed for home. Although the sirens only last about 10 minutes, my ears were ringing for the next few hours. As soon as I arrived home, I used the trusty internet to discover the reason for these sirens. Apparently, these air raid warnings are tested once a year on the first Wednesday in Febuary. What would happen if there actaully was an attack on the first Wednesday in February?

Au Revoir

2 comments:

Joao said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
オテモヤン said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.