Thursday, September 10, 2009

Things are About to Get Crazy!

Over the past two weeks, a lot has happened regarding our move to Switzerland. The most important item and the one that we have been waiting on before making additional plans is Jiggy's work permit. We originally thought that this would take 6-8 weeks to obtain. Well, after just a few weeks, it was approved this past Wednesday! With this approval came a both a huge sigh of relief and whole new list of worries.

Even though we do have have an exact moving date, I also handed in my resignation at the club. I am counting down the days to my last day of September 29th. I definitely have mixed emotions about this one. While I will not the miss the job itself, I will undoubtedly miss the people and all the laughs that the job provided. While the job has not been perfect, it has allowed me to truly experience the British culture, keep me busy, and make some extra cash (in pound nonetheless!). Finally, in our quest to learn French, we ordered Rosetta Stone French (a language learning system) last night. Oh, I almost forgot to mention that Schlopy even applied for a pet passport today! Wow...this move is real.

With Jiggy's work permit approved and the resignation of my job handed in, things are really going to get crazy. Since we did this whole move to another country thing less than 18 months ago, I would like to think I know what we are getting ourselves into. I also keep telling myself that I know what to do and not to do this time around. Clearly, I am fooling myself. Over the next month, we have a list as long as a giraffe's neck of this things to complete. And I don't even want to think about all the things that will need to be done once we have arrived in Switzerland! Let the fun begin.

Cheers!

2 comments:

peter said...

I get stressed out just reading about everything you guys need to do. Hope everything works out!

Unknown said...

Call me this weekend. Lets talk T-day