Sunday, November 29, 2009

A Colorado Thanksgiving!

Our Niece

A Scenic Hike

The Whole Family


Hiking Along

For the first time in many years, I spent the Thanksgiving holiday with my family...my entire family! My sister Lauren is enjoying some time in the States on a break from her Peace Corps adventures in Ecuador and my parents exchanged their Tennessee lake house for some time in the Colorado snow. My sister (Jen), my brother-in-law (Brian), and their 8 month old daughter (Sam) did not have to travel quite as far as they live in Denver. To experience a truly magical Thanksgiving, we rented a cabin in the mountains and were spoiled with amazing hikes, runs, and evenings in the hot tub. Of course, I cannot forget to mention the amazing home cooked turkey day dinner that we are all still trying to work off. Jignesh was unable to make trip due to important meetings in Europe...well, so we thought! Imagine my surprise when the doorbell rang at 7pm on Thanksgiving night and we opened the door to find a tired but happy Jignesh standing on the stoop after a week of bouncing around Europe followed by a 13 hour flight from Frankfurt and then a long drive to the mountains.

While the Thanksgiving holiday is winding down for most, I still have another week in the States. I am going to help my sister move into her new house, fill my empty suitcase with all my new purchases, and simply enjoy a taste of American life. Jignesh, on the other hand, is going to surprise his family in Chicago for a quick stay before flying to New York for a conference. We will both return in Geneva within 5 minutes of each other next Saturday!

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Au Revoir










1 comment:

Lynne said...

Great pics! Leave it to Jiggy to pull a sneaky surprise. I am sure it was a lovely reunion for all.