Although I dearly miss many things about my life in the states, there are loads of things in London that I have fallen in love with. Here are just a few.
1. Public Transportation- Public transportation here is amazing. While the underground is the most well known, I have become a regular on the buses. You can find me every morning on the C11 or 268 heading to the gym.
2. Cultural Diversity- It is not unusual to hear 10 or more different languages on a daily basis. I admit that I usually cannot even identify the language but I love hearing the variety.
3. Heated Towel Racks- They are standard in residental bathrooms.
4. Small Cars- It is rare to see a gas guzzler here!
5. Double Decker Buses- Who doesn't love a double decker bus? Although I have been on a double decker, I have not ridden on the top. UMMM...definitely a goal for this week.
6. Bakeries- You can find them on every corner. There is nothing better than picking up a fresh baguette on your way home from a day out.
7. No Leash Laws- There is no such thing as a leash law in London. Dogs roam freely and they are all amazingly well behaved.
8. Gardens- The British love their gardens/flowers and spend loads of time caring for them.
9. Old Homes- I love walking the streets and looking at all the old homes. While some have been renovated into flats, others remains as single homes. They all have so much character.
I am sure I will have many more things to add to the list as my time here grows.